Mission Statement

To foster an increased awareness of the local and global interconnections associated with food production and consumption by directly linking the Mount Holyoke College Community to the Garden through academics, the campus dining experience, and student volunteer work. The Mount Holyoke Student Garden will also build connections and share knowledge with the agricultural community of the Pioneer Valley, thereby strengthening Mount Holyoke's relationship to the local environment.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Introducing Madeleine

Hi! I'm Madeleine. I'm another garden manager. I'm a rising junior (woohoo! Upperclassman time!) studying Environmental Studies as well with a concentration in Sustainability. I'm an Army brat so I've lived in all sorts of places, most recently Germany! I wanted to work in the garden this summer to learn more about food justice and organic agriculture. When I'm not wielding pitchforks or mending actual fences, I like to read and knit and I just tried rock climbing for the first time, so I'd like to try that out again and build some muscles for working in the garden!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're amazing and I love you.