Mission Statement

To foster an increased awareness of the local and global interconnections associated with food production and consumption by directly linking the Mount Holyoke College Community to the Garden through academics, the campus dining experience, and student volunteer work. The Mount Holyoke Student Garden will also build connections and share knowledge with the agricultural community of the Pioneer Valley, thereby strengthening Mount Holyoke's relationship to the local environment.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A few pictures!

Hello!

This is my first blog post for the summer! So far we have planted some seedlings in the greenhouse that will be transplanted to the greenhouse later. We also cleaned out the shed and took inventory of what was in it. We found some questionable items in there but survived the process.The weather is not cooperating with us this week so the tilling in the garden is being pushed back.

Today I learned how to blog (thanks to Alice Whiteside in LITS!) and took out some light reading from the library about organic farming and soil science. Right now us three are thinking about and planning for our individual research projects. I am thinking about doing something related to soil science or geochemistry since I am a geology major. But I don't know much about that topic yet so I should probably get researching! I hope you enjoy these pictures from our work so far.

 Send us some positive energy, thoughts, prayers or whatever is your style for some good weather so we can get this garden started!

-Katie















No comments: