So, after the farmers' market, which ended at 6pm, I was thinking what to cook for dinner. I was like, "Why not cook an okra dish and put it on the blog, this way people can refer to the blog when cooking okra dish. And also we will be selling okra next farmers' week". So, after I made this decision, I cooked okra for dinner and here are the pictures I took, while cooking.
Just to let you know, okra goes well with potato, so I cooked with potato
Ingredients:
Okra
Potato
Oil
Onion
Tomato
Salt
Black Pepper
All purpose Seasoning
Crushed Red Pepper (Optional)
Curry(Optional)
Paprika (Optional)
Pan to cook in
Step by Step cooking
1. First pour some oil in a pan and heat it up
2. Put onion on top. Wait till it turn little brown and put tomato on it. Sprinkle some salt on top.
3. After that add, black pepper.
Then stir together.
4. Put potato on top, and then add spices (all purpose seasoning, paprika, curry). If you want hot, add red crushed pepper.
stir it.
Then add some water
5. Put the lid on and let it cook for some time, till potatoes are about done or almost done. (try tasting the potato to see if its done or can be done by poking at the potato by fork/knife. If easily penetrates the potatoes, then its done)6. Okra, shaped like:
not too thick
put it in the pan
Cover it with lid
cook like that for couple of mins.
stir it together.
taste it. (to see, if anything is missing/enough, especially salt)
Love and Peace
:) Lobsang

2 comments:
mmm...looks delicious!Thank you I was looking for this.
Hey you wonderful garden managers! It was nice seeing you at the Farmers' Market two weeks ago and your okra was delicious! Lobsang, I followed your okra recipe and cooked it for my family and everyone loved it! Thanks so much for posting it! If anyone else wants to try it, it's also good with kale or mustard greens cooked right in as the last ingredient added. Can't wait for the harvest festival, you three are awesome and have done such great work!
Post a Comment