Mission Statement

To foster an increased awareness of the local and global interconnections associated with food production and consumption by directly linking the Mount Holyoke College Community to the Garden through academics, the campus dining experience, and student volunteer work. The Mount Holyoke Student Garden will also build connections and share knowledge with the agricultural community of the Pioneer Valley, thereby strengthening Mount Holyoke's relationship to the local environment.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Photos of the Garden

Below are some new photos of the garden:

Here are Morgan and Sarah. Weeding has recently become a near-daily chore...

This was our first baby acorn squash. It has since grown quite a bit and there are now several others.

Here is another shot of the garden. There is actually another five yards or so of garden behind that you can't see in this photo. The garden as a whole is about a half-acre.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! Morgan, Ally, Sarah! It all looks so amazing, and so different from when I looked at the plot at the end of reunions! Great job; I wish I could be there with you digging in the dirt and pulling weeds.
Thinking of you as I eat my CSA veggies and prepare for a lot of biking...
~Emily